Saturday, April 11, 2015

About This Blog

I've started this blog because I'm an aspiring screenwriter and looking to get into the entertainment business. And figured this was a good way to do so.

I've been doing this for close to 10 years already. Over  that span of time I've written 12 original full length scripts. Each one varying on their own thing. From Suspense/Thriller to Teen Horror to Raunchy Romantic Comedies to Teen Sex Comedies to Action/Sci-Fi and other things within the genres of themselves.

The first one I wrote took me a good while. Over a year I think it was. But that's mainly cause I'm a self taught writer. I've never taken any classes or courses on the subject. All that I've learned is from either reading scripts online from films that have been made. Listening to Podcasts and commentaries, or even watching feature long behind the scenes making of documentaries or featurettes. Anything that can and could give me more film knowledge into the world of movie making.

I've always had a strong love of movies from a young age. Going to the movies when I was younger was considered a event cause my mom didn't have a lot of money. So whenever I went to the movies I knew I was in for a treat.

I think the two movies from a young age that really inspired me and left me open mouthed going how did they do that were 1993's Steven Spielberg's epic masterpiece Jurassic Park and 1991's James Cameron's smash hit Terminator 2: Judgment Day. I knew forever my life was changed after seeing those two films up on the big screen at a young age.

I like a bit of everything movie wise. But I would have to say two of my favorite genres would have to be both Comedy and Horror and everything else in those sub genres. But as you read more about my screenplays you'll found that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment