Saturday, April 11, 2015

Take Over (working title)

After 3 straight horror screenplays.  I decided to foray into the Sci-Fi/Action/Alien Invasion Sub Genre.

The current title at the moment is Take Over (working title)

It's Independence Day done in a bigger way. Think Michael Bay big. A combo of Independence Day, Transformers, War Of The Worlds 2005 and Cloverfield.

The story revolves around 3 or 4 groups of people while all of this happens.

It takes place in a small town in Boston. From the views of a bunch of teens looking for answers, a once great scientist looking to gain his name back, he lost it cause he said Aliens were real. Two military guys jets that were shot down over Boston looking to get home. Finally with our lead to find his way back to his Friends and girl he loves.

It'll have Very much Michael Bay action scenes in some spots. The main human part is big inspiration from the first Transformers with the two teen leads.

Not to mention A ending like none see before in this type of genre also I mentioned.

I've gotten a few reviews on this. It's probably the longest screenplay at almost 150 pages. I'm sure there are things that could be trimmed. But seeing how I'm too close to the project I might not realize what works and what doesn't.  So I might need a few extra pair of eyes to tell me what is good and what can be completely cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment