Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Rules of a Break Up

The Rules Of A Break Up - The story of a guy in high school where the girls talk about their Boyfriends and it made him jealous girls never seen him in that light. Years later with all that he's gathered over the years he takes takes what he's learned from it. By sleeping with as many woman as he can and never calling back.

But soon after his world is rocked when he meets this girl and before he has the chance to break up with her, She breaks up with him. This just drives him crazy. He does everything he can to try and get back with her just so he can break it off himself. He's such a vein arrogant prick. No women does this to him.

Though as the dates go on and on its beginning to get harder for him to break things off with her since he's starting to fall for this girl. Which is something he swore he would never ever do again.  (It'll be akin to a lot of Judd Apatow type movies. Where it's a bit raunchy and vulgar at time, but with tons of heart in the end.)

I feel I learned a bit more on this one formatting wise. The order that I'm posting these are the order that I wrote them in. I started writing this one in Early 2008.

We have 4 leads in this screenplay. Dean our main character with commitment issues due to something that happen in High School that really messed him up. Jared, Dean's Best friend and business partner. Beth, Jared's long time Girlfriend and one who doesn't approve of Dean's womanizer ways. Finally Marie, A friend and co-worker of Beth who set the two up on a date that goes bad from the very start.  But there is just something that draws Dean Marie to a moth like the flame.

I feel it's a very honest look at relationships and those who have their own issues with life and how they tend to handle them in life. Whether it's in a good or bad.

The script would be very R rated. The ending I would say was the biggest nutshell for me to crack here. I don't think I've ever had as much trouble with a ending as here. I must have gone through at least 3 different endings before settling on the one I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment