Saturday, April 11, 2015

Snow Front

My follow up to BLACK CREEK was SNOW FRONT.

Snow Front is the story of a young man who tries coping with Christmas and his unexplained hatred for it. All while trying to figure who is killing people in his neighborhood and might in fact have clues to his past.

All while trying to save the girl across the street he doesn't know but has a crush on to save her and her sorority sisters, with his Best friends help and his annoying brother.

This would be a Christmas slasher film that of course takes place during Christmas while it's a blizzard outside. There is no cheesy killer Santa in this though. I mean there is a Santa character in this screenplay. But not a person running around hacking up people.

I would say this would have to be the darkest screenplay that I wrote at the time. and I still think is the darkest yet one so far.  It can be extremely violent at times. I've had some feedback on this one. The main issue I got was that the dialogue between the female characters could have been better. Which is something I feel I imported upon in later different screenplays dealing with female characters.

It has a 80's and 90's slasher feel to it. As mentioned, it's violent, but has some laughs in there too. With a touch of sadness added In there as well for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment