Saturday, April 11, 2015

Truth or Dare

Truth or Dare is about What happens when a simple game of Truth or Dare goes wrong and the people are willing to cover up the secrets as they never existed. And how a secret can really kill you if you don't tell the truth, even if it was a accident.

As they people start to find out is death worth keeping this secret or will they let it spill before the person after them spills their guts instead.

It's a throwback to those late 90's/early 00 slasher films such as Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend and Valentine. But mainly Scream.

The Killer would be wearing a wolf like mask, you know playing up the whole boy who cried wolf story. Even know I know Cry Wolf did a similar thing, but it would be totally different. He have like I said a Wolf type mask and maybe like a cloak or jacket. The main killing weapon is an Axe, calling back to Little Red Riding Hood, the story where the Lumberjack kills the wolf with an Axe.

I've had plenty of good reviews on this. As I've mentioned up above. This a murder mystery whodunit screenplay. You're left guessing on who the killer is until the last 10 pages of so. If that even.  I would say this might be my favorite Horror screenplay that I've written. And easily in my top 5 ones I've written.

The movie SCREAM was a huge influence on me. Growing up I wasn't always into horror movies. Matter of fact I was a scared wuss of them. lol. But it wasn't until 1996 when WES CRAVEN'S "SCREAM" So that was the film that really love and get into horror films. So I'm glad I was around that age when Scream happen and horror was hot again. I know not a lot liked those Good looking "WB" Teen slashers, but I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment