Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Stranger

First up is the first screenplay that I ever wrote. I started writing it in 2004 I think it was. It could have also been early 2005. I'm not to sure about that.

But anyway. It's called The Stranger (Started writing this in 2004, so The Strangers hadn't even came out yet)

A guy (Seth) and his two friends win a trip out to Los Angeles from a radio station. One night in a club our main hero saves a movie star (Stacy) from her abusive Boyfriend. Soon after they instantly connect. With him becoming her bodyguard. Stacy keeps gets harassing calls and letters from a stalker. So it's up to Seth and his friends to see who's doing this before it's too late and any harm befalls Stacy.

You could categorize this as a Mystery/Suspense/Thriller. Though it does have a bunch of funny moments in it too. I didn't know much when I wrote this one. So you could say I was very green. The original draft of this was close to 180 pages. But that's only because I didn't know about pacing, nor did I know how to end a scene. So it would just go on and on until it eventually stopped.

I would have to say out of the 12 screenplays that I've written. This might be my least favorite of them all. Not to say it's bad though. Just that it's a bit rough to read because I didn't know about formatting at all. So stuff is all over the place with it. I'd have to go through it again and fix everything up to seem presentable.  But I'm sure most people don't like their first screenplay they've ever written either.

No comments:

Post a Comment